You qualify for a flu vaccination on the NHS if you:
- are 65 years of age or over
- have a chronic disease such as heart, renal, liver, neurological or respiratory disease
- have diabetes
- have had a stroke or TIA
- have a Body Mass Index of 40 or more
- are immunosuppressed
- are in receipt of a carer’s allowance or are the carer of an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill
- are a member of a recognised voluntary organisation which provides planned emergency first aid at organised public events
- are pregnant
- are a community first responder
Children born on or after 1 September 2012 and on or before 31 August 2014 are eligible to have a nasal vaccination at the Health Centre.
Children in either Reception class or years 1, 2 or 3 should be vaccinated by the School Nursing Service at their school. If a child in these school years does not attend school, they are eligible to be vaccinated at the Health Centre.
To book your appointment please ring the Health Centre on 01978 860625.